SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seans777

Little white jumping bugs?

seans777
16 years ago

I have really been trying to figure out what has been causing my lawn to yellow than die in patches. It has seemed to spread slowly. Today was time to mow.After mowing I was walking around one section looking at areas starting to have problems and I noticed tiny bugs jumping everwhere each time I took a step. It seems like there are thousands in my lawn. They are only in the sections having problems so I know that is a good sign of the problem. I caught a few on some duct tape stuck to a piece of cardboard. The biggest ones I caught were the size of a ant. I could see wings on those. The smallest ones really looked like little larvae. They are all completly white. I couldn't see the wings on the smallest ones because they are so small, but they flew or hopped just the same as the bigger ones. They both jumped or hopped or flew only about a foot at a time. They seem to just hop in front of my footsteps as I walk. They really seem to be infested in the problem areas of my lawn.I dont see them in the lush healthy areas.I prefer an organic solution, but half of my lawn is dead or dying, so I will do whatever needed.

Comments (3)