SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnieappleseed

the pesticide controversy

donnieappleseed
13 years ago

I want good fruit without having to kill another life form as much as anyone.....the footies and baggies are the best way to go....not only that, but in a city setting they are the best way to go when working with volunteer organizations (which I do) because of the inordinate fear of pesticides and fear of some neighbor suing you.

On Sunday, I suggested we need to ease up on people who use pesticides and not "demonize" them or threaten them or fear them. I said this to someone involved in gleaning backyard fruit here in Seattle and she said she was very much against people using synthetic sprays because she couldn't take a chance that this spray (even from a careful neighbor) might not "affect her 2 year old some 40 years later".....wow....how does anyone expect to have a fact-based discussion when such a fear has been introduced?

Clearly, the bugs are getting smarter and the fears (and the restrictions) on pesticides are getting more and more restrictive....this leaves the homeowner out of luck, caught in the middle, and puts control of our food in the hands of others...and this emasculating of the homeowner by the environmental movement is often only due to "emotion"-based science, in my opinion.

Please do NOT respond to this soapbox either...the previous poster had a point of view and sucked a lot of people in by "baiting".....I have this point of view and everyone out there has their own......I look forward to moving on and gleaning knowledge from this board on other issues for now.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor