SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dourobob

Gravely 2350 - Z- Turn - help!

dourobob
14 years ago

Hi

I have a bit of a unique situation as I have been unable to use my mower yet this summer due to detached retina surgery and two (soon to be three) follow up surgeries. Hopefully the end is in sight (no pun intended) in the next 4-6 weeks.

My neighbours have been wonderful in helping with grass cutting and other spring time chores. I am not too sure if the grass cutting isn't just a handy excuse to test drive a zero turn mower because he does seem to be having fun and has been pricing them at local dealers.

Anyhow, another friend came to use the mower yesterday and, after he had started cutting, I found a broken bolt under the mower track right near where he had started cutting.

The bolt appears to be a Bolt HEX 25-20 X 2.25 Grade 5.

When sitting on the mower there is a such a bolt and spring connected to the right end of Welment Brake Shaft. There does not appear to be one on the left end of the shaft.

As I have been instructed NOT to push, pull, bend, etc because of the eye surgeries, I have been limited in the usual crawling around I would do to find where this broken bolt was attached.

It is not clear in the Service Manual that there should be a bolt and spring on the left side. The one on the right side appears to be there simply to hold the parking brake in place.

Can anyone clarify if there should be two bolt and two springs on the Brake Shaft? If not, can you offer any suggestions on specifically where else I might want to look (or have someone look for me if too much bending and straining might be involved) to find the location of this bolt so it can be replaced.

BTW - there does not seem to be any ill effect on the mower's cutting.

Love the mower. It has been working like a champ but I don't want to do anything that might be unsafe or could cause damage if this can be a simple fix.

Any ideas gratefully received.

(Temporarily - One eyed) Bob

Comment