SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
voncherry

I'm Losing My Battle with Zoysia...

Voncherry
10 years ago

Hello all! I live in San Antonio Texas and have had my house for 4 months. My lawn is Zoysia. I have an unground sprinkler system set to water at 6am every week. Has a drip system for all the beds. In late spring I put down a fertilizer which really got the yard looking green. We had a stretch of daily rain last month that lasted for a week. Rare for here. Now, I have 3 large areas in my back yard that have turned completely brown, dry and dead. It appears to be slowly spreading. Even my front is started to get a little brown. 4 days ago, I sprayed Bayer Advanced Fungus Control on lawn, just in case it was fungus related. I'm at a loss of what I should do or look into. I'm pretty novice when it comes to lawns, but I live the challenge and learning about it. But, I really want to get to the bottom of this.
Should I put down an insecticide ?
A slow burning fertilizer?
Reseed areas?

I spoke with a local nursery and they had little info. I took pics and they just said to take out the dead areas and put down Michigan Pete composite. Not sure what that is going to do.

Any suggestions or areas I should look into would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer to have a plan of attack instead of paying tons of $$ throwing the kitchen sink at this in hopes something will actually work.

Thanks again for your valuable time

~Barry

Comments (4)