SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjw2112

Toro 2 Stroke Suzuki Running Problem

jjw2112
10 years ago

Hello,

I had heard that the Toro 2 stroke Suzuki engine mowers were really good so when I saw one on craigslist for $40 and it seemed to run good I figured why not, it is model 26682.

Well, it started out really good. I was mowing for about 15 minutes and it was cutting great. After about 15 minutes, it would only run good if I closed the choke all the way. Eventually, it would not even run good on choke.

I thought maybe the carb seals were bad and it was sucking air so I took the carb out, cleaned it (even though it was already pretty much perfectly clean), and cut out new carb gaskets from the old one. It ran great after that, but then after maybe a half hour, it started to do the same thing.

A few days later I tried to start it again and it would barely run and then die. I found that I could keep it running by constantly pushing the primer bulb. Eventually, after pushing the primer bulb a bunch of times it got to where it would run on its own. I let it sit and run for about 10 minutes and it seemed to run fine, but when I engaged the blade and self propel, it would only go for a little bit before dying. This to me seems like a fuel problem since it runs fine with no load, but when you put a load on it it won't run for very long.

I don't think the fuel filter is clogged or anything because when I took the fuel line off of the carb, fuel seemed to flow just fine. Just in case I was planning on taking the fuel filter off tomorrow and running gas straight to the carb with no filter in between to see if that changes anything.

Any other suggestions on what to do or what might be the problem?

Thank you,
John W

Comments (5)