SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mori1_gw

Toro 6.5 HP with Tecumseh engine problem

13 years ago

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have Toro 6.5HP personal pace with electric start. Tecumseh engine and model number is 20070. It took me half an hour to get the thing started and after I did it would die within a few minutes. I figured out that if I press the primer bulb every few minutes the lawnmower would keep going. I had already replaced the air filter, spark plug and changed the oil after I was done mowing. After doing some research I found that the problem might be the carburetor so I removed the bolt/jet. The inside looked pretty clean but gasket needed to be replaced. So I replaced the float bowl, gasket and the o-ring that go on the bolt/jet. I also used a wire to holes in the jet along with carb cleaner though they didn't seem plugged. The lawnmower won't start after a few minutes I took the float bowl off to see how much gas was in it and it was dry as bone. I finally took the manifold/carburetor and fuel tank off. That's when I saw the cut in the line. I don't know the name of this part because I can't a diagram to help me. It looks like a round flat disc with short flat rubber tube which is connected to a square connector that a rubber hose to the carburetor. I want to know how to remove the rubber disc so I can replace this part and hopeful get lawnmower working again.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals