SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yellowfin_gw

snapper recommendations? walk-behind, mulcher

16 years ago

I'm looking at the snapper RP2167519BDV walk-behind, mulching mower. Looks like a good machine, but I have never run a snapper. After years keeping a fleet of Craftsman mowers running - I've decided to move up to a decent mower. I have a relatively small 150'x150' flat lot with St. Augustine grass, and I also mow a few elderly neighbor's lawns if they are in need. Would like a solid mulcher with bag option for a few small areas - and require a low maintenance, fast self-propelled model.

Are these good mowers that will last the long haul (from what I've read searching this forum, it seems other snappers are durable)? From what the dealer tells me, the RP2167519BDV is a new model and, although it is on what looks like a standard snapper frame, I'm always concerned about 'new' models.

Is this Ninja blade effective and is it easy to shapen with a standard hand grinder?

Is the 6.75 hp B&S engine on this model a strong workhorse?

Is $499 + $50 for a bag a decent price for this mower. The dealer is attentive and stands behind his mowers.

I know these are a lot of questions, but any input for a snapper-newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio