SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bermudaman_2010

Bermuda Seed..Will it grow Part 2!

bermudaman_2010
13 years ago

Hello guys, i am back for round 2..i didnt want to post on original thread as somepeople may not want to read through it all again..for others here is the link to what has been done.

Now, for what I have done since that post. On June 1st I brought the tractor back in with the box blade and re-graded the entire yard, I then added starter fertilizer and re seeded the entire yard once again.

Here we are 20 days later and I have a lot of young grass growing as well as a lot of larger and taller weeds. I have been watering 3 times a day for the 1st week or so and then twice a day as of yesterday. The grass that is coming in looks lush and healthy, although I do have some browning but have already ordered some Heritage G to hopefully take care of that. I have spent a lot of time walking the fence edges and pulling some of these weeds..the issue is when I pull it is pulling up the top soil which has the grass growing in it..so I donÂt want to kill it so I have had to leave a lot of the weeds..My question is when can I expect to be able to mow the 1st time and apply some weed b gone or something similar that wonÂt hurt the young grass? I will attach some pictures next day or two so you guys can see the grass-weed mix I have.

I want to say without this site I would not have been able to get to this point so thanks.

Also one last thing when is the next time for fertilizer and what should it be? Starter fertilizer again?

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Post part 1

Comments (11)