SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twomonths

big blue totem that was nothin but trouble.

TwoMonths
16 years ago

I had a two piece on base and had it braced. I picked up about 45 minutes later to move to another location and it had slipped way sideways...so I took it off and cleaned it up. (darn earthquakes) Then got another plate and put it on...and realized a 2 piece section that was left off....had to take it off and clean it up and then put the right 2 section on. Then I put on the next 2 section later. Then I noticed the handmade ashtray was not very even in thickness and it looked crooked. Put on next 2 section and noticed the mouth of the vase was way crooked so had to adjust. I think I had more glue on me than on the glass. Got it finished and could not find anything that fit the top. I had gotten some mixed color gems that looked kinda like 'kisses' at TX WM. So I put 4 around the top and 2 in the middle. Then decided to use other blue gems (some with a silverlike look) at the other seams. Some were like marbles. As gussied up as it looks, it is not really heavy...but boy it sparkles in the sun.

So trouble or not, I like it. I need to bury the clear bottom plate when I am sure where I am putting it.

{{gwi:185884}}

{{gwi:185886}}

Comments (9)