SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wepaddle

Bought a used Snapper - have questions

wepaddle
17 years ago

After shopping new Snappers/used Snappers/new engines for a couple of months I stumbled across a used commercial walk behind on my way to the NASCAR race in Richmond this weekend. When I saw that it was a "commercial" model (incl. a stenciled fleet number on the cowling) I almost ran the other way thinking it would be really beat. I looked it over, started it and operated it in the front yard of the shop and was impressed with how strong it ran. What really suprised me was how much faster the mower moved then my old Snapper.

Anyway I'm not sure what engine I bought. It's a Briggs OHV, the cowling says Snapper 6.5 hp., it has an oil filter. I think it is an Intek of some sort. The only numbers I could find are on the back of the cowling on a sticker. Those numbers are not listed on the Briggs and Stratton website. I would like to identify the engine to download manuals, parts lists and to purchase filters, plugs etc. Any thoughts on how to identify it? How about good online parts dealers?

Also the mower is somewhat different from my old residential model. The handlebar configuration is more straight and there are reinforcing bars that go from the deck up to the handlebar on each side. I would like to put my chute and bag from the old mower on for leaves. It seems like it will work. The starter rope, throttle cable and engine brake cable need to be rerouted slightly. Can I retrofit my old chute with a pulley for the rope or does that require a completely different chute?

Thanks,

Jason

Comments (23)