SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paulinct

PaulinCT 2008 renovation status

paulinct
15 years ago

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd share some photos of my fall 2007 modified Mag-3 (Award, Moonlight, Bedazzled) renovation. Apologies for the need to click on the thumbnails to see the photos full size, but I can't seem to get those other imageshack links to work tonight.

Move in day, like six years ago:

{{gwi:96498}}

Day 35 from seeding last fall, and just after the first mowing:

{{gwi:96500}}

Day 44, "When Animals Attack!:"

{{gwi:96502}}

Today, after much spring fertilizing and weed control measures:

{{gwi:96504}}

The latest photo was taken just after a mowing, and in some really harsh sunlight: it does not do justice to the actual color of the grass, which is quite a bit darker to my eye. Anyway, I hope you can tell how well the KBG is filling in all of those bare spots left by my little furry friends last year, and how the Poa Annua, while obviously still present, is not nearly so ugly now that it has more or less stopped producing those awful seedheads....

I am really impressed with how KBG, even young KBG, can fill itself in.. Sure, it does not look quite as good when you walk over it and stare down at the bare spots, but I think it will soon.

Thank you everyone who encouraged me (well, not me in particular, but all of us), to give this a shot last year. It was a lot of work, no doubt, but looking at these results this early in this cool spring, I am feeling really good about having gone through the process. If by the end of this year my only real concern is Poa, I will be very grateful.

Best all,

Paul

Comments (13)