SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
persianmd2orchard

most FRAGRANT pear (and juicy) ???

11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a pear variety that is very fragrant? Not spicey like cinammon-y, but an almost floral, pleasant aroma.

Very juicy and excellent flavor can make a 9/10 pear (Comice), but what makes the 10/10 for me is that extra punch of awesome aroma in a pear. Comice is flat for aroma at least store bought (though does store bought in season really deter taste from a pear cultivar's max quality like other fruit varieties?) Not to rag on Comice though, they are my favorite I can find in stores here by far. Haven't really had one of these 10's in the U.S. But there are so many varieties growing here there must be some 10's. I've had a very limited sampling of Magness, that's probably the closest thing to a 10 here, seemed like may be better than Comice (just smaller).

Just had an underripe but good Shenandoah too... more like a 7 or 8 potential, nice acid to it like the descriptions said for once!

So anyone know of a hands down 10/10 pear with great fragrance?

In Persian, the word for pear is Golabi meaning Rosewater-like or floral water, not sure exactly. There is also a small green with red blush apple variety translated to Rosewatery Apple which is also perfumed I'd say.

As long as I'm ranting about aromatic fruit, the coveted Alfonso mangoes in season in India also hits the 10/10 out of this world for me because its not only a perfect fruit in terms of texture and flavor but brings in an extra punch of a half second of aroma while you eat it too.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022