SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fritowrdo

Time for new mower, offer advice.

fritowrdo
17 years ago

Everyone,

I need a new mower. My Crapsman finally died last summer and it is time to make the choice in a month. I am torn between two mowers, the Toro Super Recycler 20057 and the Snapper P216019KWV. I want a quality mower that will last me at least a decade with regular maintenence, i do not mind spending almost 700 for one of these.

My yard is just a standard city lot, 85 by 135 but my basement is open so I have a hill that I need to mow. I fertilize on a regular basis and I have underground sprinkling for my wife's flowers and the yard. I usually mow a minimum of three times in a two week period minimum, but most weeks its two times per week.

I think either mower will fit the bill but I would like some people's comments that use these mowers to cut their yards regularly.

Here is what i have found to be advantages to each one:

Snapper:

- Engine - Commercial grade and the oil system is fully pressurized which is a plus for mowing the hill.

- Axle - Has a solid axle that stays more 'true' as it wears versus the attached wheels of the Toro.

- All the accessories are bolted on which allows for easy 'wrenching' if it needs to be done.

Toro

- Engine - The engine is still a great engine but a 'small' step down from the Kawi one due to the non fully pressurized oil system.

- Aluminium deck - Superior to the steel one on the Snapper.

- Mulching - The best in business.

- 5 year warranty - Let's me know they stand behind their product.

Right now I leaning towards the Toro due to the better mulching, the aluminium deck and the warranty but if the word on the street is the Snapper with the Kawi engine is best in the long run, I will choose the Snapper.

Thanks ahead of time for your comments.

Comments (17)