SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dellonb

Tiffway Sport 419 HELP!!

dellonb
9 years ago

I had Tiffway Sport sod installed in May 2013. Lawn looked great last year. We had a very cold winter for Virginia Beach this year, not sure if this has created some of my issues. In April I set the mower to an inch and cut and bagged clippings. I fertilized and used pre emergent for weeds. There are areas along side of my house that the Bermuda looks dead. The main lawn in front of the house has a lot of bare spots. I have continued to cut every 5 days at an inch hoping it will spread horizontally to fill in dead spots. In the beginning of May I took a soil sample and put down the necessary fertilizers. Yesterday, I placed 1 pound/ 1,000 SF of slow release nitrogen and placed a thin layer of compost over the bare spots.

What do I need to do to fix the bare spots? Is the lawn on the sides of the house dead? Will my lawn look like last year again? I do need to do a sand leveling to the lawn but not sure how to do it, it needs to be leveled up to allow me to continue cutting it at 1 inch with a rotary mower.

Comments (9)