SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Two Fun, Simple, Bottle Projects Completed By Husband & Wife

kirkus
16 years ago

Hi everyone! My wife is having knee surgery tomorrow so we've been trying to complete various projects we've started this summer. Today, we finished the following two bottle projects.

The first is a hummingbird feeder made with an old, green beer bottle we've had forever...the kind with the ceramic topper. We found a site on the internet that sold hummingbird feeder corks. We attached copper wire and had a feeder! My wife had a neat idea she learned in a stained glass class. Take 2 long pieces of copper wire; insert in a drill; hold the other end with pliers; turn on the drill; and the wire wraps together in a really cool way! Here's the hummingbird feeder:

{{gwi:173538}}

{{gwi:173539}}

Here's the other bottle idea. We made a windchime with cut blue wine bottles, hanging it in a sheltered location outside our kitchen window where the breeze blows softly. I bought Carol, my wife, a bottle cutter for her birthday. She cut the tops off the blue bottles for the chimes. (The bottoms we're using as candle holders on our deck.) For the weight on the chime, our 7 year old daughter gave us a beautiful, solid, hand-blown glass, tear drop which she had bought at a craft fair. The windchime is simple but so pretty in the sun and makes a beautiful sound. Don't worry...the windchime is not as close to the window as it looks in the picture! :o) I hope you enjoy our "together projects"! Kirk

{{gwi:128318}}

Comments (24)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional