SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrbrownthumb

What did you get for Christmas/Has home depot lost their mind?

mrbrownthumb
17 years ago

Did you get any houseplants (or related items) for Christmas? I guess I was bad because I didn't but yesterday I got myself a Gasteraloe (at least that's what I think it is) from Home Depot for Christmas.

I had gone with the intention of buying myself something and specifically I was looking for a ZZ plant. I know it's a common one but I wanted one because I'm focusing my plant collecting (mostly succulents) to plants that originate in Africa. So anyway I am looking in the greenhouse and spot a small ZZ plant in a four-six inch pot, the plant itself consists of three fronds about 8 inches tall. I figured "Score!" because it must be pretty cheap since it looks like it's from EAs and I pick it up and see it's in a terracotta pot and figure that's even better.

So I take it to the register and at the register this little plant rings up for 14.99 + tax! Needless to say that plant did not come home with me. Is there a ZZ plant that's rare or exotic that I've never heard of? I figured at the most I'd spend 6 bucks but this was ridiculous.

So what did you get for Christmas?

My Plant Blog

Comments (36)