SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
babywatson

Need Help With My Ficus and Oleander

babywatson
17 years ago

I'm getting depressed. It's been since mid-October since I brought these two in. This is not their first year with me; I've had the ficus about five years and the oleander about three. They always overwintered just fine before. I have a sunroom, with tall windows facing south, and four skylights. So they may not get as much sunlight as in the summer, but they're getting as much as I can provide in December.

The oleander got scale this past year and I sprayed it with some stuff that got rid of it, but the oleander leaves are very dry and brittle now. I plan on trimming it back in the spring. Believe it or not, it used to flower sometimes in the winter. It's leaves are very sparse now, I don't know what happened to it!

The ficus is driving me crazy. I know all about ficus benjamin, how picky they are. I moved it in in October but it's done nothing but sulk since. Leaves yellow and drop everyday--for over two months! It's getting less water and no fertilizer, I haven't moved it, haven't repotted it. I really don't know what else to do to calm it down. I mist it daily. It still looks terrible.

Any advice? I would appreciate it.

Comments (13)