SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheribelle

gazebo, broken concrete, tipsy pots, bottle tree, etc...

cheribelle
17 years ago

{{gwi:154753}}

This gazebo was built by me with some help from DH. The top is a 10 ft fiberglass satelite dish. I bought the 4X4 posts that hold it up. The rest was a porch my friend had taken off her house when she remodeled. Funny story. The carpenters she had hired to build her new wrap-around porch took the old one off and loaded it on my trailer for me. When I hauled it off they looked at me like I'm nuts. Then later, they came into the resteraunt where I was working. They recognised me and asked "What are you going to do with that old porch?" I said I'm going to build a gazebo. Professional carpenter says to me " A gazebo, huh? Those are cool, but really tricky." I said Nah, I have a plan. The look on his face was priceless, a waitress telling a professional carpenter she can build a gazebo??? To funny. heeheehee

He has NO clue I have been using power tools and remodeling things for 25 years :0)

The copper trellis on the front is one of my designs, one of many I have built. You can sort of see the bottle tree in the back, and the horse planter I just put in.

We are still working on the broken concrete patio, lots of old stuff on this old farm place to work with, just takes time and WORK.

Comments (45)