SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vjfh

Rubber plant in decline

vjfh
16 years ago

Hello ! It is my first posting on here, so I hope someone can help ? I have a 12 year old and much loved rubber plant, who came to me a foot high and now stands at 6 foot, which would have been more had I not pruned it !!

It has always been very healthy with big dark green waxy leaves until I moved house 13 months ago. The leaves then began to turn yellow and drop off and some of them had a white speckle come up on them after a few months. I did a bit of research through the web and thought it was in a room that was too cold, which it was, so I moved it 4 months ago. It now stands to the side of a window in the hall, where it is much warmer with the radiator coming on and off with the heating each day. New leaves have begun to sprout and where some of the old leaves have fallen new branches are growing. However, the older leaves are still turning yellow and falling off. Even some of the new leaves are falling off too. Also this may sound odd but the leaves do not look at 'perky' as they used too !? I now have 2 completely bare branches.

I have not changed the pot or watering habits, so do not think this is the problem, but I am open to any suggestions to help stop the decline ? Thanks in advance. Vjfh

Comments (7)