SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Finally! A Garden Bench Wannabe!

kirkus
13 years ago

Hi Everyone! If you saw my posts earlier this summer, our neighbors moved to Phoenix and gifted us with truckloads of treasures...the NICEST people! Well, one of their last "gifts" was a workbench that he had made.

I spent the afternoon repurposing the bench. I soooo wanted to post a picture but will wait until I have a completely finished bench. As you can see by the before picture, there are 2 enamelware pans and 3 old refrigerator doors from an old store which I found at a salvage yard for $5 a piece (wish I would have bought more!)...

Well, I chose the bigger enamelware pan (flattened out the rim so it fit nicely)... I cut a hole in the top of the bench and inserted the pan. I added the 3 doors to the top back so I'll have lots of space to hang things.

I went to my favorite country thrift store today and found the coolest antique metal shelf brackets. I added those along with some rusty metal pieces I shared in the past!

I can't wait to show you the finished product!!!! Our neighbors left us LOTS of paints and stains (and brushes too!) so I will stain it all and show you soon!!!!

That's our 3 year old son Benjamin in the picture! He follows me around when I'm doing my many projects! I love that! Stay tuned in the coming week for my finished potting bench...what I have done so far has made this my favorite garden junk project ever. Can't wait to share! I am always inspired by your many ideas!

Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:158712}}

Comments (15)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH