SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foolishpleasure

Apricot tree and April frost

foolishpleasure
13 years ago

I have two Dwarf Apricot trees Blenheim and Moor-park. For the first two season they produced deadly. Flowers come in April, frost comes, flower are killed end of story. This year I was reading on Figs board that you can hang Xmas lights on Fig tree to protect it from the Frost. I don't need that because my fig trees are potted and go into my Garage in winter. I asked myself if it works for Figs why not Apricot. This year we had beautiful flowers in early April and I am always experimenting I hanged Xmas lights 5 watt per each light on the two Apricot trees. I watched the news closely when the weatherman called for Frost tonight I turned the light on during the night. I did that for the entire month of April. I am pleased my experiment somewhat succeeded we got some delicious Apricot and according to my Girlfriend it is about 25 pounds of both trees. I have a cherry tree and it does the same thing early April Flowers then killed by the frost. I am buying Xmas light set for the Cherry tree too.I will report about my experiment.

Comments (8)