SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Look What My Third Grade Students Gave Me! I Cried!

kirkus
16 years ago

Hi Friends... Since Friday is our last day of school, we had an end of the year ice cream social in my class today. My students saved their pennies to pay for this! Here is a picture of my grrrreat students!

{{gwi:156397}}

At the social, my third graders presented me with a gift, and being the soft-hearted, sentimental guy I am...I cried. I have been with this group of kids (known as The Grizzlies) for two years, having moved from one grade to the next with them. I received a gift certificate to a local, country greenhouse and a beautiful birdhouse. My Grizzlies know I love recycling so this gift is extra special! It is made from recycled Diet Pepsi cans, MY FAVORITE DRINK! It was done by a local artist who is well-known in the area. The roof is made from my favorite book, WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS. I read this book every year to my class, my favorite book of ALL time. The author has passed away but I met him as a child.

The birdhouse also has bears on it. My students know I love bears! I think the bears are cut out from beer cans but the students don't know that. :o) There are also bear track bottle caps on the birdhouse which I think also came from beer bottles. The artist says you can place the birdhouse outside, but I think I will keep it on our covered front porch and bring it in during the winter. Or...it may remain inside! It's sooooo cool! (Everything is hammered on with little, brass nails.) I LOVE MY THIRD GRADE GRIZZLIES! Thanks for letting me share! (I hope I don't drive you crazy with my excitement and many posts!) Friday is going to be a difficult day for me as I say good-bye to a special group of third graders! Bear Hugs! Kirk
{{gwi:156400}}

{{gwi:156402}}

{{gwi:156403}}

{{gwi:156404}}

{{gwi:156405}}

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus