SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kerig01_gw

Soil sample says Very Low Phosphorus... What can be done?

11 years ago

Attached you can see my soil sample results just received back from Texas A&M. I was hoping to use this to come up with initial complete fertilizer mix for this Spring and am shocked to see how low the Phosphorus levels are. The issue I'm finding is the "standard" fertilizers around town have very little Phosphorus. The only thing I've found that can get the suggested rate into the soil is this 0-45-0 super phosphate stuff. I need to put around 5lbs of that per 1000 sqft to hit the suggested rate from a&m. This sounds REALLY drastic. Looking for advice or tips or experience with this. The stuff is cheap enough but throwing out 25lbs in my 5k yard of 0-45-0 scares the heck out of me.

My turf is Bermuda tiff 419 in the Austin area and the soil/sod is one year into a new house. The nitrogen, potassium and other factors all look healthy and should be able to follow normal Bermuda practices. Thanks for the help as I get into the growing season. I put down AMAZE two weeks ago and hope to put the complete + phosphorus additions in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Thanks!

Comments (7)