SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mycupofjoe

Moss has taken over entire yard.

mycupofjoe
16 years ago

Hi,

Yesterday we hit 70 degrees here in Jersey so we were out back taking stock of what needs to be replaced/replanted come spring. It's very evident that the moss has taken over our entire yard. Even in the sunny areas. Last year the husband scraped and planted seed - that worked but again, it's taken over by moss -- even after using lime. I've read about Moss Out and am going to try that this year.

How soon can I start the process of redoing the yard? I'd like to have the grass green come May/June. Are there any other suggestions on how to stop the moss? The back yard is not entirely shady - matter of fact just one area is. The rest gets bright sun. The soil is acidic and sandy. We have tons of wild onions growing as well. :(

On a side note: we do have a sprinkler system that we haven't changed since we moved in 5 years ago. It runs in each zone for 30 minutes early morning during spring into early fall. Should this be changed?

Thanks so much for any/all suggestions, I am at a complete loss and just want to cry over this. :(

Comments (10)