SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nigel1965

lawns and living next to the weed garden from hell.

nigel1965
12 years ago

My lawn has been healthy, fed and properly water for many years. I have until recently been able to successfully control weeds by controlling my irrigation (1/2 inch water twice weekly)and only needed to pull up the odd invader by hand. I avoided weedkillers because I have lots of shrubs on my lawn areas, but 3 years ago the house next door was sold and the new owner has allowed his lawn to basically become an overgrown forest of weeds. His "lawn" is about 95% weeds of every kind imaginable and during this mild winter they have now spread onto my lawn and I have had to resort to using a lawn weedkiller (not overly impressed with the results). My grass is dormant. I'm using Ortho weed b gone max for southern lawns.

I know I'm probably going to need to do more than one treatment and I want to get this under control before the grass wakes up. We have several issues with the neighbor and the lawn is the least of them, suffice to say raising the issue with him will most likely exasperate the situation.

Sorry for the long intro, but I wanted to give as much information as to the cause of the weed invasion as I could. I would have no problem if my neighbor looked after his lawn.

I was wondering if anyone had a better method, given my circumstances, to control these weeds or am I doing pretty much the best I can.

Comments (20)