SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
milehighgirl_gw

Saturn and other early peaches a bit disappointing

milehighgirl
11 years ago

I finally got a harvest from my Saturn peach tree and I have to say I was not overly enthralled. They are sweet and unique, and I can see why they carry a heavy price tag in the stores, but I think I'd rather have a yellow peach instead.

I am also debating on the early peaches I have and thinking maybe plums that ripen when early peaches do would be better as far as taste goes. I have PF-1, which seemed to be inconsistent, Earlistar, which was better but still inconsistent, and even Garnet Beauty failed to enthrall me. The PF-17's are ripening now and they seem to be the best I've had so far.

I don't have any plums that are ripe yet either so I'm thinking the space for my early peaches would be better used on earlier plums. I have Toka, which is just beginning to ripen, Elephant Heart, Satsuma, Green Gage, and Shropshire Damson. I've already decided to replace the Shropshire for a Castleton.

My neighbor's Santa Rosa was wonderful, but I don't want to plant what she has as we share the harvest.

Any thoughts on this?

Comments (18)