SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twylag_gw

Squash

TwylaG
13 years ago

I am spending my boxing day taking inventory on my seeds, planning, and making orders for spring.

I really would like to plant some kind of winter squash this year, but as someone who doesn't like spaghetti squash and has never tried anything else I am looking for suggestions on something that I could plant but also like to consume.

I've done white patty-pan's before (but didn't realize what they were til they were ginormous and wound up giving them away or making pot-luck dishes (that I didn't eat) lol.

I've recently developed a habit for substituting zucchini for cucumber in salads so I think that "squashing" could potentially work out.

I've never had much luck growing vine things: cucumbers (though I did try lemon cucumbers a couple of times I didn't get enough return for my investment - two or three cucumbers just didn't cut it); 8-ball zucchini (wound up with three small pumpkin sized "things") and never have I ever gotten a melon to grow ....

Bearing that in mind ... can anyone reccommend a squash for me to try planting this upcoming spring? And a recipe for the non-squasher to try as well? About the only thing besides salads that I've found for zucchini and pumpkin (store-bought as I can't get them to grow) is muffins.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County