SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alex8769

Blueberry Plant Shriveled Up

Alex8769
10 years ago

Hi, I'm a new member on GardenWeb. Here's my problem:

I recently ordered three young, 5 inch tall blueberry plants in the mail 3 days ago. One (Misty) was thriving with lots of fresh green leaves and strong stems, one (Sunshine Blue) had one main stem/cane with about 10 fresh leaves and the last (Gulf Coast) was about 2 inches tall with lots of stems and leaves. My inquiry is about the last two plants, Sunshine Blue and Gulf Coast. The Sunshine blueberry plant's leaves turned brown from the outside and eventually dropped off in 1.5 days. The other arrived looking just as it is now-dark green, shriveled leaves and stems. I'm watering all three plants every day with purified drinking water, and the soil mixture is about 65% sphagnum peat and 35% coco bark. I strongly suspect the reason two of the plants are dying is that I over-fertilized, but the misty plant looks fine and is healthy. The actual questions are (lol) can someone confirm that the reason sunshine blue is dying is over-fertilization, and can someone tell me why my gulf coast plant is all shriveled up? Sorry if this seems kind of confusing.

Comments (10)