SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
busdriver12

Where do you live?

busdriver12
16 years ago

We are always talking about where we are from so I thought a post about it would be fun.

Me first-I'm from the South part of Virginia.Pittsylvania County.I work for Pitts. County schools as a bus driver and from 9:00 to 2:00 each day as a greenhouse manager.I love the job but don't always love the boss,which with the bus, the job is good but the kids aren't always.LOL.

Comments (76)

• gotonenerveleft
    16 years ago

I live right under the x in Texas(central Texas that is).LOL! Surely I'm not the only one in this big ole state? Think there's a least a couple more here.

Anyhow, I'm a stay at homer who takes care of the grandkids when they're not at school. This time of the year all I have on my mind is my yard. Eat, sleep, breathe garden!! The family can get my attention back when fall comes around...ha!

Tami

• deedlesmom
    16 years ago

I'm in the capital of Michigan, live just outside the city on almost 2 acres. Love driving DH crazy with garden junk. He just doesn't GET it. Hates mowing around things.... LOL Have a 12 year old son who loves to yard sale with me, but loves to rein me in when he sees I might buy something his Dad would have a fit over......
    Sheree

• nancyjeanmc
    16 years ago

Mo, where in NJ? I'm up North (near Chatham and Madison)...hate it. But we have a little beach house in Ocean Grove that keeps me sane!

• beth1
    16 years ago

I'm mostly a lurker here too. My name is Beth and I live in Central Louisiana. I love GW and have gotten some many wonderful ideas from you all.

• citytransplant(zone5)
    16 years ago

I retired from Chicago 3 years ago and now live alone on 5 acres in East Central Illinois. Love gardening and teaching about edibles in the wild. I found so many great ideas from all of the creative people here..even used a few ideas myself.

• leubafr
    16 years ago

Another lurker here ;) Southeast Louisiana, Slidell to be exact. I love this forum for lots of ideas and pictures. All of you are so friendly. I need pictures to see things. Not too talented to think things up but I can copy almost anything. I LOVE reading this forum! Now that I am back in my home, I am busy fixing up the yard again.
    Mary

• kikistreehouse
    16 years ago

Hi, I live in Lehigh Acres, Florida ,, And also have had our share of fires ,, Iam also married to a truck driver , 3 children and 6 grandchildren , and love gardening, sewing ,cooking, My favorites is primitives ,, I have done several of the gardening arts on this site , , and love it , If iam not sewing iam gardening or cooking ,, Lived here most of my life , Born in michigan and miss it dearly ,, 50's around the corner and gardening keeps us young .. I believe everything has beauty ,not everyone sees it ,, I love the fact everyone shares their art in gardening,, Thank You for sharing,,

• kwtxrose
    16 years ago

Hello! I live in Johnson County, Texas. I have been lurking for several months. I love this forum!! Wonderful ideas!!

8-)karen w. in Texas

• gardener64
    16 years ago

Hi I live in New Hampshire, right near the seacoast,
    finally getting some weather to get outside

citytransplant where do you live now, my husband was born in CHicago Heights and his family lives in Pekin and Lowpoint

• jannoel_gw
    16 years ago

I live, farm with my husband (corn and soybeans), garden and occasionally make garden junk in east central IL, 2 miles from IN border. 2 grown sons. 2.5 acres to garden and fill with garden junk. Thanks for all the inspiration and entertainment over the years. I'm also an amateur hypertufa person.

• lovesgardeningcw
    16 years ago

I live in the heartland--Northeast Iowa. We are dry too. Hope to get rain tonight. Everything in my garden looks great though! I too have been watching this site for awhile-love all of your ideas--you people have me hooked on garden junk! All of my family and friends just smile and roll their eyes when I tell them my GOOD ideas. Can't wait to hit the garage sales when school gets out-I teach 7th and 8th grade American History and Language Arts-Gardening and junking are my therapy for a stressful job!!!!!! Cheaper than a psychiatrist!

• Crafty Gardener
    16 years ago

Ontario, Canada

Here is a link that might be useful: Crafty Gardener - In The Canadian Garden

• junkinthetrunk
    16 years ago

Churubusco, Indiana
    Small town living at its best! I know at least one other person in town checks out this site, because I have seen her tipsy pots, screen door and other unusual garden planters....lol

• lellie
    16 years ago

Don't post here a whole lot...but I do read your posts!

We consider ourselves extremely lucky to live on Anna Maria Island...just 2 short blocks from Da Gulf ov Mexico...PARADISE!

I WAS the owner of a light commercial roofing company for many years, but am now semi-retired.
    (My hubby made me get a part-time job at one of our local restaurants as a hostess, to KEEP ME OUTTA TRUBBLE, he says...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!

Way too dry here right now for my liking!
    We need rain...and we need it NOW!

• rchovey
    16 years ago

Western NC here. I'm new to the forum...love the pictures and ideas! I love junk and gardening! Hope to post some of my treasures soon!

RH

• mrsmarv
    16 years ago

Lurker from over in That Home Site area. I do visit and post on the Vegetable and Hudson Valley forum. I'm in southern Dutchess County, NY, in the small hamlet of Wiccoppee on 7 idyllic acres. Howdy ;o)

• shexsellsxshells
    16 years ago

Southern end of Central California here. Not many Californians around.

• tootiet
    16 years ago

On the Mississippi Gulf Coast......Pascagoula.

• jean_mi_z5
    16 years ago

Semi-lurker :)
    Central Michigan: A troll (shhhhh...don't let the YOOPERS know..LOL)
    3 grown children
    4 grown grandchildren
    Hubby is semi-retired aka workaholic, which gives me more time to devote to my garden/junk.

Jean

Here is a link that might be useful: garen 2006

• flamingo1121
    16 years ago

Admitted lurker here! But I love reading your posts and getting ideas. I am tipsy for those tipsy pots, going to try and make some this weekend using my left over annuals.

I live in Avon, CT which is 20 min west of Hartford. 2 kids 14 and 12 who are just starting showing signs of wanting to help with gardening and lawn maintance as long as they get $$ out of it.

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone!

Heidi

• superiorgirl2
    16 years ago

I am another Yooper aka: resident of Upper Michigan. I live on the shore of Lake Superior as opposed to the other Yooper who lives on the shore of Lake Michigan. Besides the other Yooper here, there's a Troll - a troll is someone who lives below the bridge. In this case, it is below (south of) the 5 mile long Mackinac Bridge, which connects the Upper and Lower Peninsulas of MI.

We get up to 300" of snowfall, so my garden junk rule by DH is that nothing can be where he's gonna plow. Let me tell you, the man plows everywhere!!!

• lellie
    16 years ago

Jean form Michigan...your Gardens are wonderful!!!!!!

• Sharon4457
    16 years ago

Another luker here.....

Woodstock, GA... about 25 miles north of Atlanta.

• janein
    16 years ago

Another mostly lurker here. I live in Greenfield IN a small town East of Indianapolis. I love all ideas found here from the totems to the tipsy pots. You all are great!

• coolmamachik
    16 years ago

Longtime lurker here living in Moultrie, GA which is in south central Georgia.

• mayme
    16 years ago

I live in West Michigan. About 10 miles from
    the Silver Lake sand dunes and Lake Michigan.
    I love this forum and have copied several of
    the things I've seen on here.
    goldenpond, I drove a friend to Vero Beach for
    18 years. She lived near the 17th street bridge
    in Oak Park Terrace.

• katspaw
    16 years ago

Another Louisiana resident here - just a few miles south of kuntrylace. :)
    But originally from central Missouri not far from foxygrandma9.
    Hey y'all!

• iowajewel
    16 years ago

NW Iowa here..........mostly a lurker for ideas, but love to garden and make my yard colorful and interesting.

Thanks for starting this vein......fun reading all the whereabouts of everyone.
    Favsis37.....I am as far west in Iowa as possible........where the Missouri meets the Little Sioux........where are you located?

Julie

• cindee11461
    16 years ago

far northern california ...redding. welcome to all the lurkers. I wish you would all post your creations so we could all see what you are doing(-: married and I have two kids a daughter 20 and a son 22 both living at home going to college and working. My garden helper is named Jack he is a sweet little rat terrier(-:

• albertar
    16 years ago

Gee I'm a long time lurker too, posting very infrequently but read here every day. I live on Long Island, NY. I've lived on LI all my life and its "home".
    Alberta

• cut1cow
    16 years ago

paradise texas and it is paradise...

• annielu
    16 years ago

I am in Mount Vernon, Ohio, out in the country with my hubby, my youngest son, 3 cats, 2 dogs, and 9 chickens. Love this site. Everyone has such wonderful ideas!!!

• gardengrandma
    16 years ago

Been a while since I was on here, but been trying to get here more often.

I'm from lower Michigan, 15 miles from the Indiana state line.

I work part time in an antique mall and am finding some very interesting this to make. As soon as I get some pictures taken I'll TRY to post them. With a 18 yr. old grandson, my 96 yr. old Mother both living with us and a husband that is disabled time is in short suppy for my gardens and my hobbies.

• phyllis__mn
    16 years ago

Well, not too many of us from Minnesota, and I'm also in zone 3, wishfully thinking maybe zone 4?? I'm not as crafty as all of you, but love seeing your masterpieces. My garage is full of raw material, but somehow the weeding, etc. gets in the way!

• katladie
    16 years ago

South Louisiana here, a little village named French Settlement on the Amite River We are between Baton Rouge and New Orleans, but a little to the east. Love it here, very rural, but starting to grow, much to my dislike.

Sharon

• desertrat1
    16 years ago

I'm a desert rat! Heheehe--I live in sunny southern California, 70 miles north of Los Angeles, Antelope Valley, high desert and zone 8! We have Joshua trees, rattlesnakes and lots of dust that blows east! Even with all that against me I can manage to keep a green garden through an electric timer and a drip system.

Superiorgirl2, thank you so much for educating us on what and Yooper and a troll were. I was just asking myself that and then read your post! HERE, where I live, when we ask if someone lives "Down Below" that means they are from Los Angeles.

Love, Jules

• seaglassic
    16 years ago

'nuter PNW'er here..
    I'm just outside of the capitol city of Olympia, Washington
    little berg, Tumwater..
    got 6 kids...3 girls and 3 boys
    got 6 grands..3 girls and 3 boys..(3rd girl is being born this Wednesday coming up)

I love mosaics and hang out on the stained glass and mosaic forum on the 'this home site' side.

pesky didn't mention about our seasonal shifts..we don't tan around here...we rust!
    and if you're born here, you're a 'native webfoot'..which I am!...
    but it makes for lush green scenery.
    I garden to the max and don't know when to quit..I have so many plants, it's making it not 'kid friendly' in the yard.

Becky, seaglassic, aka desiderata for the old ones and aka strawberrygoat, for the really old timers here.

• cait1
    16 years ago

Is it just me or are there just a lot of new faces here? Gosh, go AWOL a few weeks and the whole place (just about) changes!
    Hmmm, Nona's correct, this should be on the conversations side. We've actually done a few of these before. But they're always interesting, especially when there seems to be so many unfamiliar (to me) names.
    Originally from Queens, New York. Ah, yes. A girl from the Big Apple. Married an Aussie now living in a small town about an hour and ten minutes drive from Melbourne - southeastern part of Australia. Except they do everything backwards/upside-down down here. The southern part is like the States' northern states and the 'Southerners' live up north!
    I still have my accent. That aint nevuh gonna go away!
    Cait

• foxglove44
    16 years ago

I haven't posted here in about a year. I don't have a garden anymore. :o(
    But I hope to have one again before too long.
    When I started posting here I was living in the Pacific Northwest about 30 miles south of Seattle. Then I moved to the Minn. MN area. Last year we moved to Houston,TX.
    We are hoping DH will get a job he is interviewing for near Madison, WI. If he doesn't we will still be leaving TX.. in five days! We are heading back to Columbus, Ohio. Our hometown. We have a six week old granddaughter to love on!
    Where ever we land... I can't wait to get my hands back into the dirt!
    Betsy

• backyardmom
    16 years ago

i live in northeast penna.

• lindaohnowga
    16 years ago

I live in Fayetteville, Georgia which is about 25 miles south/southwest of Atlanta.

• kirkus
    16 years ago

WOW! It's so great reading where everyone is from and a little background on people! I'm Kirk, one of the resident guys on the forum! (The ladies here keep me in line! LOL) This is a great forum...everyone is like family to me! I live in the "boonies" north of Deer Park, Washington (30 miles north of Spokane) with my wife and 3 children. (Our fourth is in Iraq). We live in "THE SNOW BELT" on 5 1/2 wooded acres and LOVE it! I teach third grade in Colbert, Washington. Happy Junking! Kirk

Here's a picture of us in Canada!

{{gwi:128091}}

• chris2u
    16 years ago

I live in a town outside of Memphis. Love coming here for all of the fun, unusual and creative ideas that are posted.

anotherchris

• deweymn
    16 years ago

I be the third Min a soatan to post here.... you betcha.

Scandanavian/Bohemain heritage..........fer sure.

St Paulite

Go Twins.

• meadel
    16 years ago

Hi all ! I am another Garden State girl. North Central New Jersey. I have been a lurker for years on this site. I think that I have actually lost my vision reading all these posts. I get such a rush reading what you all have done! I wish my yard was bigger to add all these wonderful creations! I have been know to start planting in my neighbors yards ! ( a little midnight planting!)
    I live in a really small town that's only 6 streets long. Funny, since we are only a 20 minute drive to NYC! (barring traffic) My town is actually a cooperation, we all own the town,so everywhere is "community property" ( I guess I can then legally plant everywhere : )
    I am a mother of 4 and grandmother of 2.5! I am a nurse and work per diem so I have lots of time to craft and dig in the dirt!
    Thanks for posting this, it's great to meet you all!
    Lori

• junkyjacky
    16 years ago

Wow it's hard to come out in the open! I'm a lurker too! I'm from Syracuse, Indiana. I love looking at everyone's junk. I am a gramma of 5 and I work full time so I don't get as much time to do the projects in my head as I would like but such is life. And life is pretty good.

I have been intending to post some pictures for some time but I just haven't managed yet.
    My passions are (besides family) are garage saling, trash to treasures, flower gardens (containers and not) and figuring out clever ways to get my husband to go along with my trashy ideas.

I really enjoyed this thread seeing that there are people in my area that enjoy the same things! It was a great way to meet you all.
    Jacky

• junknstuf
    16 years ago

Hi1 My name is Bernice & I live in Pekin in central Illinois right on the Illinois river. We have a camper over by Galesburg & spend most week-ends there.

• gwen
    16 years ago

i'm gwen from east texas, to be exact from athens, tx. i work for the sheriff's dept, and love my garden junk. haven't posted much lately but i look at least once everyday.
    gwen

• suemckee
    16 years ago

Hello all, I live in the Northeast corner of Ms.in Iuka.I am 63,divorced and proud of it.I have 2 sons, a granddaughter,a great granddaughter and am raising a very special 13 yr.old boy.I live in the country on 5 acres and I am trying to plant the whole thing in flowers.LOL.Everyone around talks about my junky yard.The bus that carries people around that lives in the nursing home made a field to see my yard.LOL.But I love it all.So if anyone has extra yard JUNK just gimme a call.

• brownthumbgirl
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    I lurk here everyday and get upset if there are no new postings. I love to look at everyone's gardens and all the great projects. I have to say I've copied quite a few. I'm from Phoenix, Arizona and was surprised to see that no one else has posted from here! I'm orginally from Massachusetts and am very jealous of all the green you all have in your yards. I have green grass a flowers but with the heat coming my flowers will die....and I HATE desert landscaping. Where are you Phoenicians?

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting