SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
giggles1_gw

Build your own boulder / Get rid of old concrete

giggles1
13 years ago

WHO doesn't love a boulder??? It's getting them that's the problem... now build-your-own!

I swear it was on Turf Wars (DIY show), but they don't show this part??? It was just on Sunday. I'm sure you can catch it another time/day.

As they dug up one neighbors backyard sidewalk, they threw the pieces into various piles where they wanted a boulder.

Of course, the rubble was scattered - different heights. Then they placed wire mesh over each pile, secured it down w/ rebar. Then, they poured concrete over the pile, smoothed & sculptured it a bit. I think the most important part was curving it in on the bottom to make it look more round.

Once dry, they used the concrete dyes placed in spray bottles to color each one.

Not only did the boulders look great, but it was an ingenious way to get rid of the old sidewalk! Who knew!

I'm sure this has been around, but I woulda never thought of it. My hubby loves boulders, but hates rocks... maybe I can combine the rocks & make BOULDERS!

Funny story... we have 62 acres, at the back of the property is a creek. There's a boulder Hubby wants - in the creek. WELL, it's all uphill from the creek to the house. We had a backhoe, but this boulder is too BIG. So, this year, he bought a dozer. Yup, gonna bring up his boulder... or not. Storms actually washed this giant boulder way down to the neighbors. :(

Good thing he needed the dozer for other things too. lol

Hope this helps someone.

Comments (3)