SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Ideas for Peter Rabbit garden?

lavender_lass
14 years ago

After seeing Excessfroufrou's truly wonderful, Wizard of Oz garden, I am inspired to try to do a theme garden...at least a theme throughout the garden :)

I want to incorporate some Peter Rabbit ideas in my kitchen garden. I don't have a garden shed or room to add one, but I would like to incorporate ideas from the story. Most of the beds are 3' deep, with the perimeter beds being mostly for perennials and the interior beds mainly for annuals. I have four 3' x 5' beds for the annual veggie garden, as well as two beds that are 11' x 3'.

This is also the garden with the hopscotch and tic tac toe games (if anyone remembers my earlier post). So it's mainly for me, but also fun for visiting nieces and nephews. I was kind of hoping to include fun Peter Rabbit ideas that they would find as they looked around the garden, so smaller is better. I don't want it to be too obvious as they walk in.

There is room for two dwarf fruit trees (either apple or cherry, still deciding), small blueberry bushes, strawberries, asparagus, roses and some herbs in the perennial beds. I don't have any blackberries, but I do have some purple raspberries :)

Thanks in advance!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County