SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emberemme

Reviving Grape Vine-uprooted and left in sun for 2 days

emberemme
9 years ago

Hello!

My dad planted 2 grapevines in our yard 3+ years ago. Neither of them have ever produced fruit. Recently, he uprooted one and left it in the sun for a little under 48 hours. He told me that it's a decorational grapevine and will not produce fruit.

This morning I woke up and found the vine and did a scratch test to make sure it was still alive (it was). I then trimmed the vine back so that only the three main branches (one of which seems to be dead and I am debating cutting off) and the roots were left. Right now the roots are soaking in a metal vase, and I was planning to leave the plant in the vase until tomorrow.

After making this post, I plan to go and save cuttings of the main vine in case this one doesn't survive. I am planning on keeping this vine indoors, in my bedroom. I would like to train it up a wall, but I will make a separate post for that-right now my main focus is making sure this plant survives.

I am unable to provide any information on what kind of grapevine this is, as it was planted so long ago that I do not remember, and the leaves were all withered from being left out in the sun.

What I would like to know is what steps to take to keep this vine alive. I've been doing research, but the information I'm finding is scattered and varied.

Thank you for your time and help!

Comments (4)