SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ticodxb

shady chili seeds off Ebay and Reimer Seeds...

ticodxb
12 years ago

I wanted to grow some chili pepper plants and I bought seeds of four different kinds on Ebay from a seller named flyingappleseedco --only two of the varieties got a few seeds to germinate.

Then one day a few weeks ago I entered that username in a google search and the first search result was for a chili pepper growing forum (not from gardenweb) where they were discussing that seller and they were stating that the seeds from that company are no good.

I totally didn't even think someone would sell shady seeds on Ebay... so I decided I am not going to even continue the few that germinated. I will wait until I get seeds from a reliable source (hopefully in a tomato/pepper worldwide exchange that is going on on gardenweb right now)

I then decided for some of the containers I got for the chilis, that I will grow some eggplants and zucchini instead. So I started a google search for seed and one of the search results were for Reimer Seeds. They were a bit cheaper than another site so I had started the order process...

But when I clicked check-out, it took me to a page to ask if I wanted to insure the order (at an extra cost of course)--I clicked no.

Then it took me to another page asking if I want to have them process the order more quickly (it said something like right now they are very busy during this growing season and orders are taking longer than normal to process)--and of course if I wanted it expedited it was an extra charge (I think $5.00)

That just sounded all wrong that they are trying to get extra money from me so I did a google search for the seed company plus the word scam and I got a search result from gardenweb where people were discussing that the company is unreliable!

I am glad I did that google search! I bought from a couple other sites that were recommended on Gardenweb instead (johnnyseeds.com and tomatogrowers.com)!!

Comments (3)