SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kawaiineko_gardener

shade cloth

This is basically about growing cold weather crops throughout the summer. I know I should pick varieties that are bred to be heat tolerant and/or do well under stress.

Sorry if these questions seem dumb, but I've never used shade cloth before, and don't know too much about it. Could really use more info regarding this.

However I was also suggested to use shade cloth. I'd like to use something that is sturdy and durable and will last for awhile (at least 3-4 seasons, longer if possible).

However, I don't know too much about it. I'd like to pick a variety that will lower the temperatures, but something that is transparent enough that it will still let sunlight in.

Regarding the transparency of the cloth, if it's translucent (see through) then since light is getting in, will it still cool the veggies down that are under the shade cloth?

I grow veggies in containers, so it would essentially be draped over the containers.

However if I use the shade cloth with containers will this create a green house effect and somehow overheat the plants in the containers, due to using the shade cloth in combination with plants in containers?

Comments (11)