SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megajas

climbers (up), hangers (down) or floor pots?

megajas
16 years ago

Hello, I went a little crazy at the greenhouse the other day ... with the weather cooling down and my outdoor gardens about done for the winter ... I was craving new plants to have around. Anyway, I'm also trying to re-decorate the rooms in the house and adding real greens versus the artificial stuff. Anyhow, I have a bunch of hangers I can do hanging plants, but need to know which of these do best in floor/table pots, which will do better as a climber with trellis and which would do well as a hanging pot with dangling foilage. I have 2 bay windows that are S facing, 1 N facing bay, a foyer with a small sun window over (it has 2 recessed lights pointed at planter boxes, are there any full spectrum lights I could put in there & grow REAL plants?). And my sunroom is on the back kinda NxW. My existing plants are philodenderon, prayer plant, purple heart, peacy lily, gloxinia, ameryllis, african violets (almost everblooming), pink jasmine, orange-?, Ponderosa lemon, persian lime, & varigated fiscus benjemina.

NEW PLANTS: bleeding heart (clerodendrum), gardenia augusta 'radicans variegata', zebrina wandering jew, streptocarpus, rex begonia, purple passion vine, rhoeo rainbow, serissa dwf pink snow rose, bougainvillea & baby jade variegated.

Thanks!

-Bonnie

Comment (1)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner