SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dkline_2008

bowling balls, bunk bed benches, signs, and a rain chain??????

dkline_2008
16 years ago

OK I have read and reread all the things you creative people around here have been doing. So I got some bowling balls and broke a mirror and then.....look at that....after grouting and glueing pieces of broken mirror on there, I had a new gazing ball. It wasnt as hard as I thought it would be and it turned out kind of nice. I have 2 more started with broken mirror and 2 started with the little glass blobs or half marbles. I had put together and base painted some chairs that were in our garage last fall. I got 3 of them painted with flowers and vines all over them. So, now I started the 4th one with, guess what.......pieces of mirror. LOL I'm gonna cut holes in the seats for a planter to sit inside. I've made several signs now too. Remember you guys got me started on this stuff. LOL Took an old window frame and added a box on the front of it, painted it with flowers and vines and now its ready for the garden too. I saw the posts about the bed/benches. I started watching freecycle for someone giving one away. I got a partial bunk bed on Tuesday and today I finished putting them together. Another coat of paint and they will be ready for the garden also. But my question to you all is this: What do you think a rain chain made out of vegetable cans would look like? Since reading all of your posts I am finding it hard to throw anything away. Just think of what can be made of the stuff. lol Been saving the lids of these and then taking a pair of tin snips and cutting into them, then bending the pieces up a little. I"m going to paint them and put them on something as a flower. I think it might be cute. But I"m still thinking the cans can be used to make a rain chain too. Let me know what ya think.

Deb

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County