SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sautesmom

Report---My apple tree is dying :(

My 6 (7?) year old Queen Cox I got from Raintree years ago is suddenly dying, and I think I have diagnosed it as "Sappy barkÂTrametes versicolor". Some leaves are turning yellow, and the little apples on it are withering on the "vine", I believe because the roots can't take up water. I think it's "sappy bark" because the bottom of the trunk looks like the photos, and I just assumed before that it was peeling that way because it has been repeatedly infested with woolly apple aphids. I think the aphids MAY have introduced the sappy disease/fungus, but apparently there's nothing I can do about it now except watch it die.

:(

The worst part is, like all my other trees, I have grafted all over it, and my grafted varieties will "go down with the ship" as it were. I am going to try and regraft those I don't have anywhere else, because I have had SOME success grafting from branches already in mid-leaf, but we'll see.

It is my only apple on EMLA 26, which is apparently very susceptible to woolly apple aphids. It's going to be M-111 rootstock for me from now on, because it's resistant to them!!!

Carla in Sac

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES