SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donofpaw

Blackberry, Blueberry, Raspberry Recomendations

13 years ago

Hello everyone I was hoping I might get some recomendations from everyone who has already been there and done that. My wife and I are new home owners in a city, so we have a tiny backyard. I want to have a little of everything in the garden. At the moment we have a bunch of raised beds and a rabbit run in our garden which measures 30 feet by 40 feet with a shed and considerable shading from neighbor's tree and forsethia bushes along the back fence.

I want to plant an early, mid, and late season blueberry and blackberry suited to our climate any recomendations on varieties? I may be able to find some blackberries but I think I will have to hold off a year sadly on blueberries as my soil isn't very acidic at the moment. Would still like to know what varieties to get.

I would also like to plant a raspberry patch along a sunny fence and possibly a strawberry patch as well any thoughts?

I plan to get gooseberries but sadly all the nurseries either don't ship to MA or seem to be out at this point. Would love to get some to suprise my English wife.

Thanks for any ideas.

Don

Comments (4)