SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wiringman

production; i can/t complain

wiringman
14 years ago

i just read a response from Carlyn saying she has only had one cucumber and a couple of small tomatoes. my heart goes out to you and i would share my blessing with you except you are 2,000 miles away.

well i must be blessed because i am getting two bushels of tomatoes every third day and a five gallon bucket of cucumbers every three days. we are feeding the chickens zucchini. i have walla walla sweet onions with 3" bulbs. i have picked three large bags of hot peppers and i am waiting for the Jalapenos and peperoncini to get ripe before i pick them again. i got 4-6 bushels of peas. my beans are still producing but ony a 1/3 of a buckes every three days. i have banana squash coming out of my ears, one is 4' long and at least 15" through. three other winter squashes. and the list goes on.

the tomatoes were late coming but we are now getting production.

the yukon gold potatoes are ripe and the Pontiac potatoes are about 3" so they will make it too. i dug several yukon gold that were 8" long and over a pound each.

i had corn on the 24th of July.

i have red acre cabbage heads about 10" across.

i would say i have had a very good year in the garden.

i guess i am greedy because i wanted to have a great year. however Carlyn you have brought me back to my seances. thank you.

Comments (4)