SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coffeegirl1_gw

Coffee Arabica - Re-potting advice

coffeegirl1
15 years ago

Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I have recently re-potted my Coffee Arabica and am unsure as to whether I have chosen the right soil for it. Looking around on the net I noticed that the soil should be between pH 6.0 and 6.5 and quick draining - not having much in our local garden centre in that pH range it ended up potted in a compost for cactus'. It did okay for about a week and I have watered it as normal (twice per week), but have noticed that it is now drooping - which I assume is to do with lack of water (?) I tend to water from below but that didn't seem to help and so watered from above and it ran straight through and there is yet to be a noticeable change in the plant.

Just wondered if anyone has any recommendations as to what soil to use - some sites mention potting soil, others loams etc, and whether I should re-pot again or leave it for a while and see what happens. The plant was doing great before it was re-potted and was growing well. It was a present so am determined not to kill it!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm