SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nadarashdan_gw

Bringing Wax Begonias and Pansies in for the Winter

9 years ago

Hi there, I am new at gardening outdoors (only a couple of years) and have never planted indoors before. I am giving it a shot this year and had a few questions:

1. For my outdoor wax begonias, can I bring them in when it starts to cool down? Will they thrive indoors during the winter? When is a good time to consider bringing them in? They have been doing great outdoors since beginning of May and I would love to keep them throughout the cooler seasons, I am in Cleveland Ohio, region 6.

2. I also have outdoor pansies. I left them in their pots through last winter, they died away, but came to life again in their pots during the spring with no real effort on my part. I can always do that again, but they really are so beautiful I would rather just bring them inside. Can pansies that were outdoors be brought inside? Will they survive indoors throughout the winter? When should I bring them in?

3. I purchased both wax begonia seeds and african violet seeds to plant indoors, are there any special tips that anyone would recommend for their growth success?

4. Do I need those special fluorescent lights for my indoor plants or my seeds? I have a sun room in my home that has windows on all three sides that face the outdoors two sides have windows that reach from the ceiling to about three feet above the floor and the last side has windows from ceiling to floor. The room is on the west side of the house with one window facing south, one north, and one west.

Thank you for your patience and reading this far!!

Nada

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths