SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelelc_gw

it isn't voles eating my tomatoes!

michelelc
12 years ago

After not successfully catching what I thought were voles eating my tomatoes with snap traps, my friend loaned me a small trap for squirrels, rats, ect... and I set it in my garden last night. I saw first thing this morning it had caught something, so I went out to find a skunk!! UGH, I couldn't believe that small trap caught a skunk! It must be a baby, but it was hard to tell, because somehow the trap was also filled with straw and dirt. We were able to open both doors with a long pole, but the skunk won't leave. I'm hoping that by this evening it will leave. But, now I don't know what to do about skunks in my garden. I do have a fence around the garden, but the back is a wooden fence, and they must be going under it. Not much I can do this year, b/c my huge butternut squash plants are covering up the fence, and I'd have to ruin them to get to the fence. But, next year I'll be putting some wire mesh or chicken wire on the bottom of the fence. I didn't know skunks ate vegetables. Is there anything I can do to deter the skunks for now? I'm not putting the trap back out!

Comments (13)