SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moosetrackz

Boston Fern Question

Moosetrackz
12 years ago

HI!

Way back 7 months ago, when my boyfriend and I moved into our apartment together, we were looking for a way to get some privacy. Our back fence is iron bars and if we ever wanted our back door open anyone walking by could see right in. That's how my gardening hobby started. I got my wandering jew (Tradescantia zebrina), my Spider plant, and two big Boston Ferns.

The wandering jew and spider plant are doing great but Im not sure about the ferns. It gets really hot here sometimes and I think they were not happy with that. A few days after putting them out there they started drooping and kinda losing that bushy fern shape. I started misting them 5-6 times a week and they have survived but they still have a kinda droopy shape. Theyv'e also started growing more fronds straight up. Now they look like ferns with a crazy hairdo to me lol.

I love them still and they seem alright and growing but I was just wondering if I'm doing anything that's making them droopy or if it just cant be helped because its hotter than they would like.

Thanks for reading my way too long post lol. Ive attached a picture of the ferns. Sorry ones kinda hidden by the wandering jew.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ferns

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH