SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

The Old Man & Woman Struck at Christmastime!!

kirkus
15 years ago

I just had to share our Christmas story...the old man and woman are up to no good at our house!!!! Carol and I were Christmas shopping on Tuesday with the kids. When we came home, our pipes were frozen. I spent quite some time, thawing them out. I just know the Old Man had something to do with it as he was laughing the whole time!

Well, after that, Carol decided to give our little one a bath...no hot water!!! The hot water tank is not working...has the old guy and his wife messed with it? We had a repairman out today on Christmas Eve...a really neat guy. He has to order a part...no hot water on Christmas...will be boiling water for our baths. I heard the Old Man and Woman laughing again!

Before we discovered the hot water problem, I was doing some laundry...Carol started screaming! The drain pipe was frozen and the water was backing up into the laundry room! I think the old couple did it! We thawed it out with water Carol had boiled in the microwave. (She hadn't discovered yet that we had no hot water!) Carol and I were yelling at each other as we cleaned up the mess, and the old couple was laughing! They said they never yell at each other!

Finally, I sat down to have a much-deserved beer...then the smoke alarms started to go off. Did that old couple set them off? We have really high ceilings so I had to go out to the garage and drag our 15 foot ladder in and change the batteries...

Will the old couple be here for Christmas? I do have to say that I spent tonight putting together a train table for our son. The Old Man played with me with it for quite some time. He's not so bad after all! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Oh, we got another foot of snow today...way over 4 feet now in our back yard... Did the old couple do a snow dance? I bet they did! LOL

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County