SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
musicofthelight

choosing a houseplant

musicofthelight
16 years ago

Please help! Up until 4 years ago, I thought I would never be able to keep houseplants alive. Then I got a spider plant. It's a forgiving plant (when I forget to water it) and is doing well. 2 years ago I got an aloe plant, which is doing well, as it thrives on neglect. They are in my bedroom which gets a medium amount of light. Recently I thought I'd try herbs and so I have a few of those in my kitchen, which is the sunniest room in my apartment. They seem to be doing well, as they're easy to grow.

I want to add a hanging plant to my living room, which unfortunately, gets very low light, due to another house being next door. I have an air conditioner in this room, in the same window where I want to hang the plant. What kind of non-flowering houseplant would accept low light, either warm or cool temperatures, regular to low humidity and also be easy to grow and forgiving if I forget to water it. Does a plant like that exist?

I had originally wanted to put a fern in this room, but after researching them, I don't think the conditions in my living room would be kind to a fern. :-(

What kind of non-flowering (I have allergies) houseplant would you suggest? Thank you for reading this and for any advice you may have.

musicofthelight

Comments (4)