SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerkchicken23

Yucca tree fungus problem from propagation

9 years ago

Hello All, I'm a newbie posting but not new to this wonderful and resourceful site!

A big problem has occurred with my huge Yucca tree, and I thought maybe someone here could help me out?

I went through the steps of propagation for a Yucca, cutting it's trunk into sections, removing most leaves and allowing to dry out for approx 1 week in shaded yet dry area of the house. Keeping the root ball potted/repotting and leaving in shaded yet dry area of the house. I did this because the Yucca was severely root bound and looking very unhealthy.

All cuttings, including the original trunk with roots (after being repotted in no peat compost, soil and pebbles in a pot with good drainage), all of them have developed what looks like fungus/mold on their tips (where the cut was made on the trunk).

I've allowed them to continue to dry out, and it's just getting worse. I'm so sad, this was a beautiful tree that was suffering from root bound, and I thought I could bring it new life and even have some new Yucca's to give out to loved ones.

If anyone could advise, anything. I would really like to save this tree, even if just the main tree with roots.

Many thanks for taking the time to read and reply!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH