SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Bob loves the hospital so much ...

luna_llena_feliz
15 years ago

For the new folks around here, I will give you a little recap of what has been happening to my poor boyfriend, Bob, these past few months.

On Friday the 13th (June 13th), he finally let me take him to the ER where they said he had a heart attack and needed immediate surgery. He had a double bypass done that same day.

On June 23rd, they kicked him out of the hospital and sent him to a nursing home for rehab since he didn't feel well enough to come home. He collapsed a few hours after arriving and was sent to a nearby hospital where he was admitted. Even at the hospital where he had the heart surgery, they learned he was anemic, but apparently no one cared until he went to this different hospital. They performed a colonoscopy on June 30th, found a "mass" on his colon and did surgery on July 1st. He was sent home on July 7th. We didn't learn whether they got all the cancer or not until a couple of weeks ago.

He hasn't been feeling well ever since he came home on July 7th. He has been weak, dizzy and had a persistent cough. At first we thought it was some blood pressure meds he was on (those were all the side effects) but when his doc changed the meds, the symptoms still persisted. Then his blood sugar levels were jumping off the charts so his doc put him on insulin shots. Today Bob finally agreed to go to the hospital.

I think he really missed wearing those paper bracelets because he has been admitted again. It's that or he loves their French toast so much that he just had to have some more. This time he has empyema - an infection on his lungs. He was a hair's breath away from going into septic shock. It seems he has had pneumonia from when he left the hospital. He is going to go through surgery tomorrow to drain the pus off his lungs.

I know how much everyone's prayers and well wishes helped him overcome his heart surgery and cancer surgery so please keep Bob in your thoughts and prayers that he has a quick and painless recovery!

Comments (25)