SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Earthquake!!

Marlene Kindred
12 years ago

For those of you who don't know, we Virginians had an earthquake on Tuesday afternoon! Now, we've had small tremors in the past, but this bad boy was 5.8 on the scale. Did some major damage to some old, historical buildings in the state and my city, Fredericksburg, did some rockin' and rollin' too. The epicenter of the quake was only about 25 miles south of us. It picked my van up and jumped it around and I could actually see the new plantings in the parking lot I was in heaving up and down in the ground. It was a wild time. My DD was home alone and it scared the daylights out of her because things started jumping off of shelves and breaking. She lost several things, but none too precious. We spent some time cleaning up and putting things back in place. Last night, at 1 a.m. we were jolted awake by a 4.5 aftershock. Wowzer! Not used to having these around this area. Now, we're gearing up to see how much rain Hurricane Irene is going to bring us. It's been a bit of a frazzling week and since I work at the area University and this is move in week for students, all I can say is that I'm REALLY glad tomorrow is Friday!! Hope you all have had a much quieter week than I have!

Comments (7)