SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jitterbug4756

A Southern way to handel rude or offensive remarks!

jitterbug4756
14 years ago

Two Southern Belles had just returned for the summer from different finishing schools. They were sitting on the veranda of one of their familys home having iced tea.The first young lady looked at the second and said

"When I was at finishing school they taught me how to ride horses. I was very good at, in fact better than anyone else.My daddy was so proud of me. In fact, you see that beautiful stallion in the pasture? My daddy bought him just for me. He was very expensive."

The second young lady looked at her,smiled and replied "Well isn't that nice."

The first young lady continued "When I was at finishing school they also taught me how to drive a car. I caught on right away and was better at it than any of the other girls. My daddy was so proud of me he bought me that shiney new Mercedes you see sitting in the driveway there. Isn't it just beautiful?"

The second young lady looked at her, smiled and replied "Well isn't that nice"

The first young lady continued bragging.

"Well they also taught us all about fashion and how to dress for the occasion. Not that I needed any help with that. I've always known how to pick the perfect outfit! In fact, my daddy was so proud of me he let me buy a whole new wardrobe in Europe. I bought only the finest & most expensive clothes. I have on one of the dresss now. Don't you just love it?"

To which the second young lady replied, "Well isn't that nice"

The first young lady, put out by the lack of response she expected said snobbishly "Well just what did they teach YOU in finishing school?"

The second girl looked at her,smiled and said.

"They taught us when you were subjected to boorish & rude people that were being offensive to look at them , smile sweetly and say "Well isn't that nice" instead of "You sure are a jackass!"

So, next time someone says something rude or offensive to you, smile sweetly and say "Isn't that nice!"...LOL..Judy

Comments (14)