SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Formication ... anyone experience it?

luna_llena_feliz
14 years ago

Ok, I know what you are thinking ... you didn't read it correctly. Go on, read it slowly F-O-R-M-I-C-A-T-I-O-N. No, it's not that naughty deed the Bible warns you against! It is a medical term for the sensation that you have bugs crawling on you.

I thought I was going nuts. I often feel like I have a bug crawling on me. Sometimes it's my scalp, sometimes my face, other times my arms or my legs. It feels exactly like a small bug like an ant is crawling around on me. I get a bit freaked out when I feel it on my head. I will scratch at my scalp and almost jump up from my desk at work and shake my head around. I can only imagine what my co-worker, who shares the office with me, would think of me then!

So I did some investigating on the internet. Seems formication is something that occurs when women go through menopause. Either that or they are meth addicts. lol!

I have never heard of it before! No one I know ever complained of it. Has anyone else experienced this or known someone who has? And I'm not talking restless legs syndrome, that is something totally different that I also suffer from time to time.

Comments (12)